Proud to be in SA

It is with my head held high that I would like to declare - after 5 short years in SA, I feel I belong and this is not a feeling to take lightly.
Of course there have been tough times, some bitter but mostly wonderful memories of how people have touched my lives. Hopefully, I have touched ppl's lives too.
I have never felt this kind of bond to any establishment that I have worked in before so it is a good feeling. And I can finally say I hope my daughter gets into this school when it is her time.
Hence my previous post about how SA should be a co-ed school so my boys can come too.

But the recent hive of activity in my cbox has got me thinking. The accusation that SA teachers can't produce good results at SPM level in comparison to other normal schools is totally unfounded. This we do not need to prove to anyone as statistics and ex-students speak for themselves.
As for the opinion that SA chooses her students based on UPSR results - well, we all know the fates of all mortals are decided by the good authority of PPD/JPS. Also with all the 5As attained via question leakages and reputable tuition centres which seem to be able to buy the answers, is it any wonder that an excellent student realises that hard work and self-worth is more important than anything a tuition centre can provide. We at SA do not only teach what the books preach, but more importantly we teach aspects of life which one needs and should be armed with in order to face a world with declining morals. Respect is one of the many important lessons which klaster seems to lack.

Those who have stood up for SA have this respect. Those who have to stood up for SA believe and love SA in their own ways. They may or may not agree with everything that goes on in SA but love is a wonderful thing - LOVE accepts and loves unconditionally. So maybe klaster can learn something from this episode. If SA falls short in so many ways in your eyes, then maybe you should shout proudly your love for your school, instead or criticising another which has nothing to do with you in the first place.

Comments

Popular Posts