For the greater good???

We are about to embark on a team-building trip.

As we all know there is no I in the word TEAM.

With that in mind, the 80 odd staff of my establishment is about to experience a mixing SO GOOD that it will (hopefully) produce team members with one focus, one aim, one objective etc.

Will one night of bunking in with a complete stranger, one who is merely a colleague or acquaintance whereby you may (or may not) like or even say HI to in the course of a working day hold much water?
Does seeing the other party dressed down to their nightgowns and underwear do anything at all for the professional self and body which we represent?

If you look really hard, there are a handful of people you actually get along well with, a sprinkling of pleasant people who know a bit more about you apart from what car you drive and where you live, another small portion whom you would make the effort to smile and wish when you bump into them and a larger group whom you would not miss given any single day of the school holidays. After all, I worked under someone for the last 5 years and she didn't even know I have 3 children. Sad, is an understatement cos even my students know that about me.

So, my question remains, how can one night lead to anything but an inconvenience and discomfort for all and sundry?

Of course, I have discounted the fact that I am rooming with the ALMIGHTY powerful 1, 2 & 3.

HELP!!?????

I will update if I survive the weekend...

Comments

Popular Posts