This week..phew!

This is one of the most hectic weeks of 2011 probably because it's not about me and way beyond my control.

Just when I thought I was recharged from a great 4 day holiday, things go haywire.

  • SPM results - wonderful to see the girls, the results were fantastic, tears of joy and some sorrow, hugs and pats on the back
  • SBT officers visit - today - to see if we qualify for new deals???
  • More reports to finish - crapology?
  • Alex has choral speaking competition (zone level) - practices all day and everyday- emerges 3rd of the lot which is great but does not qualify for district level (bummer)
  • Nicky makes school football team (yay) - practices everyday (rain or shine) and competitions coming up - comes home all muddy and dead tired
  • Elle is in the action song competition - practices everyday, costumes and makeup, competition today
  • Celebrating my 16th anniversary with my wonderful husband on Friday!
It's so exciting yet so stressful.

The hardest part - the realisation that my children are all growing into their own right, with their own lives and dreams (of this I am proud and grateful) and I have to learn to step back. It is something every parent strives for from the day their children are born - to help them achieve independence - and the glory is when they fly the coop - yet it happens too fast.

And then you wish they would grow a little slower.

Just like Taylor Swift's song - never grow up.

It is a joy to be a parent - awfully tiring - but ultimately a JOY!

Comments

Popular Posts