Belonging



It's mid-February now and I walk around the place where I work and feel strange. There are many reasons for this and yet the main reason is that I don't feel I belong.


Maybe I don't try hard enough.(but I do go to the canteen)
Maybe I keep to myself too much.(but I chat with most ppl)
Maybe I'm buried in my laptop all the time.( But..no buts here)
A million and one maybes..


Yet the solution is not clear cut.


I don't really need to belong. I would like to. But it isn't a necessity.
I haven't found anyone I'd like to stick to. Or vice versa.
Everyone seems fine saying hi and bye. 
Talk when we are free, not when we are not.


Even when I am not around, no one asks 'why' when I return. That to me shouts 'Who cares?'


Suffice to say 'I don't matter.'


And yet the class who hates learning actually asked 'Teacher, why didn't you come yesterday?'


Go figure!

Comments

Popular Posts