Swelling with pride

I watched my class confidently yet nervously attempt the 2 1/2 hour Literature paper today.

And the student who came for fun actually took the paper - for fun! So wonderful she is.

The feeling is actually hard to describe.
First, I walked in with worry, worried that I may have set an impossible task for them.
Their faces, full of concentration was full of expressions. There were some looking for reassurances, a smile to acknowledge their existence and to boost their self-confidence.

Walking around in that warm classroom gave me hope, dreams and inspired me even more than I could have imagined.

Giving out more writing paper ensured me that the Questions were actually do-able and they had overflowing thoughts to pen down.

I am enthused by these inspiring characters - some who didn't have enough time to finish with finesse and yet some who finished ahead of time, worrying if they had left anything out.
The many funny expressions of slapping their own foreheads, scratching and messing up their hair, sudden jumps in the chair from inspiration perhaps have made my day.

As I walked out after an hour, their silent pleas to not leave could be seen on their worried faces. I wish I could hold their hands just to reassure them. But I am confident that I have taught them more than that - I am with them in spirit even if I have to leave the room.
So it is with this prayer that I send them forth to conquer and make history in the upcoming SPM exam.


I am indeed PROUD of them (again) and looking forward to reading their answer scripts.

Comments

Popular Posts