Too short!

In the last few years, I have attended numerous wakes and funerals. People close and dear to me, some friends, some acquaintances. Mostly people older than I.

I am the kind of person who cries at a funeral and I am not ashamed to admit that I cry buckets.

When my grandma passed in September 2007 I thought my wells were bottomless.

Yesterday,I attended a wake of the husband of my friend. A friend I have known since I was 7. That is a long time to be friends. I do not profess to know the deceased personally for I have only met him once - when he was lying in the hospital undergoing chemotherapy. He was a cheerful soul, who never once thought of giving up on himself, his family or life. That was in January.

He went home to be with the Lord on Wednesday, 2 June.
He is in a better place - no pain, only joy!


I cry for my friend - my friend who has 2 children ages 14 and 11.
I cry for my friend who has lost her lifetime companion.
I cry for my friend who has no one to hold her tight when things get tough.
I cry for my friend who has lost her shoulder to cry on, her friend who held her hand through good time and bad.
I cry for the children who have lost their father, their guiding star.
I cry for they will grow up without a mentor, a comforter, a friend.
I cry for I understand their loss.

I am going again to the wake tonight with my children. For she is a friend to my children too. I know for sure, they would want to be there. To give her a hug, a kiss and whisper words of comfort.

I can only pray that she will be strong, and carry on the good fight.

Life is short. Make the best of it.
Love like you have no tomorrow.
Live for today. Don't worry about the future (too much)
Tell the people you love - I love you.

Michael Lim Joo Sai - Rest in peace- you have been loved!

Comments

Popular Posts