Power?

This week - it has been shoved in my face that I have power in my workplace.

I DISAGREE!

I may have powerful friends, but I am NOT powerful.
I may be loud and influential but power I have NOT nor do i seek it.

I guess my loudness speaks volumes.

I change people and their perceptions of things in and around us. I convince them that they have to think about certain things.

So POWER is not what I have cos with power comes great responsibility. Unfortunately, some people with this so-called power oftentimes misuse or abuse that right. And that is when the common folk, like me suffer.

I have been accused behind my back of being instrumental in removing some unwanted people. I have not been given the privilege to explain or asked to my face if I was, but I can assure everyone in this world that I exact no such power. I was only informed after the fact and was not in any position to do anything about it or to inform any of those involved. Sigh!

The only power I do acknowledge having is that over my students' faculties. I had a wonderful time in class yesterday when I opened 22 people's eyes over things that affect them and how apathetic they have become. And in this class which started with the topic of Acid Rain, I have come to remember how and why I love being a teacher.

Thanks - 5SD!

Comments

Popular Posts