Sick!

I have been sick and getting sicker this week and there was no chance of taking the day of to get better at all till Thursday. It is getting to the point of ridiculous - to have to postpone sickness.

Briefly, on Monday - panel meeting which I was chairing - so no chance of skiving.
On Tuesday - Lit class - seems like we're always missing class for some reason or another - so I couldn't give it up.
On Wednesday - Observation and Taekwondo - who else but me??
SO TIRED.

Every night I am coughing and coughing, disturbing not only myself but anyone in the room. The phlegm turns a darker shade as the days go by. My throat is so sore, it feels like sandpaper and just swallowing saliva - HURTS.

Finally - Thursday - get to go see the doctor who makes me beg for a MC. Nasty. So I get one miserable day. And still I go to work at 6.45pm cos the Lit girls were going for Lady Swettenham at Carcosa Seri Negara. And it was well-worth it - the solo actress was fantastic.

She portrayed the wife of Frank Swettenham and we realised that historically, she is hardly mentioned and never photographed. She is controlled from birth first by her parents and then by her husband. She is married off to lessen her parents' burden and lands in a faraway land, hot and mosquito ridden, ever-willing to live a life of adventure only to be disappointed by a husband who is hardly home. She lives on the edge, always waiting for his untimely return willing herself to insanity. She finally steps over the border and is shipped back to England to avoid embarrassment. She receives news of her divorce through the newspaper and is devastated, hence the walk through memory lane.

Yes this was the highlight of the week, so I was glad I willed myself to go. I hope my students enjoyed it as much as I did.

On the home front, my eldest found his efforts in studies need to be worked on. He is disappointed to say the least. I hope this realisation helps him prioritise. My would-be footballer, lost most of his matches for the week and the team has been ousted from the district competitions. Now his focus is on the Marching competition for KRS next Saturday. He is turning browner as we speak. My girl however is at this moment competing in the Action Song (Round 2). All dolled up, she is a sight for sore eyes. They changed their costumes with the hopes of looking more professional, and for their sakes, I hope they win!

This week is long and tiring, full of anxiety and I feel tired to the bone. And yet it is only Friday. I still have to work 8 - 4 tomorrow as we are hosting a seminar cum workshop for the new Literature Component. Teachers from other schools will be benefitting from our hardwork and I hope the don't feel it is a waste of time. As for some others, I wish they would learn to be a little more self-sacrificing. Enough said.

P.S Elle's team didn't win but they had fun and that's all that matters in the end.

Comments

  1. I hate getting sick!Just have to take better care for yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts