Shaken

I have been leading a pretty comfortable life, at work.

And for the past 2 weeks, it has been shaken.

I have been sent away, amisdt much protest. Away on a 3 day
meeting then another workday away.

It makes life unsettling and yet there is a tinge of excitement.

What have I learnt?

I missed my friends and students.
I missed being in class.
I missed the cheerful faces of my students anticipating the day's lesson.
I missed talking and chatting with them.

BUT.. the plus points:
  • they learn NOT to take my presence for granted
  • they learn there is much more work when I am not around
  • they learn to appreciate time spent in class
In short - they missed me too.

I know this from the silly grin they have on their faces when they do see me and the greetings they have for me are priceless.

I love teaching.

I may be shaken from my comfort zone but I am proud to be a teacher.

Comments

Popular Posts