Fragile

Do you ever think about it?

Life is fragile.
Here today, gone in a second. That's how it is. Sometimes, we are so busy with our deadlines and priorities, we forget or fail to prioritise the right 'things, more often than not, people.

In the last hour, over a few clicks of the keyboard, I was able to witness the family going through the horrible experience of making the decision of letting go of a loved one. My father-in-law (bless his soul) suffered a heart attack this morning. The ambulance was late and his heart stopped. They tried to resuscitate him and in the process broke a few ribs. The family had to make the call of not resuscitating him anymore as it was too painful for a fragile 84-year-old.  

It's so heartwrenching. 

I am numb and unable to move. 

I feel my heart breaking into a thousand pieces. 

How? 

Why?


Comments

Popular Posts