Blessings

I have been blessed.

I have friends aplenty. And these are friends, old and new. Old because I have known them more than 3/4 of my life. New because as we have evolved, our friendship has remained strong, stronger because we care enough to give it time and love, to nurture them because we treasure them.

It is always easy to remember friends who are constantly near and in contact. But friends who meld together after a period of time seem to require more work and from this more blessings are given in return. In all friendships, effort is a necessity. You don't have to agree on everything. Sometimes it is mandatory that you agree to disagree. When this happens, friendships bloom. Friendship requires giving but also receiving. (because if you don't expect anything at all - then you would be a hypocrite) Friendship requires an open heart, more listening than talking, comfortable silences in between. It isn't always about ME.

Over the holidays, I have come in contact with many of my friends.
Some of them, I have known since Standard ONE. Some since Form One. Some live overseas, halfway across the world, some in the northern and some in the southern hemisphere. To say we haven't changed would be a lie. Of course we have. Some of us are married, some with children, some are divorced, some have reached freedom (retirement), some are at the end of their careers but looking forward to new and better things, some are trying to cope with new and upcoming challenges. All of us are busy, busy people and yet we ALL realise that we have to and want to make time for the people we care for. We do not impose ourselves on anyone and when we don't take people for granted - blesssings pour down from heaven in abundance. For this, I am ever grateful.

Someone close commented that I tend to forget clashes easily. I agree. I don't feel the need or want to remember bad times because they are a waste of grey matter. But it doesn't mean I forgive easily. Crazy but that's me. I live to remember the good times so let it not be said that I don't appreciate my friends. I DO! But I would like to let bygones be bygones. If I have a problem, I like to settle it as soon as possible and move on. I hate letting it fester. But not everyone shares this philosophy. SO we learn tolerance.

My friends - I love each and everyone of you. As diverse as each of you are, I am your friend. Are you mine?

Comments

  1. Yeah, what do you think? We've fallen out many times when we were young. Thank goodness we were allowed to be silly then.

    Now that we're older and grey (hehe) we're more than just friends. We've and will continue to build a long lasting friendship which will see us through the end of this lifetime and thereafter. I am blessed with good friends and you're my first mate since Std. One. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is beautiful darling...... we live far apart but you still manage to bring tears of joy and sadness to my eyes, listen to my shite, and tell me the truth.

    I miss you but you are constantly in my thoughts.

    Love you dearly and always will

    Bex
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts