When the heat is on..

..we rally together.

That is what I think of my friends. Some call them colleagues. Some go further - acquaintances. But I consider them my friends. We share the burden together, the tears, the anxieties, the fears and the glimmer of hope. But most importantly, we share the same dream and vision.

I have had the pleasure this year of knowing ppl at a deeper level. It would be dishonest to say I like all that I have learnt. I don't. But I'm sure the feeling is mutual. Having said that, we cannot expect to like everything. So we learn to work around the problems and find ways to help each other shine and excel. And so far, I have placed my trust in the correct ppl. So kudos to my team, it is an honour to work with you.

To the girls who have bloomed since form 1, I have noticed a lot that I do like. A sense of responsibility, maturity and yet never too proud to admit defeat - only to try again. That sense of perseverance is admirable. Not as easy as it sounds.

However, there are those who believe that they should shine at whatever they attempt right from day one. This is not true of everything. So for those who have tripped up, pick yourselves up, shake of the dirt and try again. Learn from your errors, better yourselves and polish the bits that seem dull - that is the essence of learning. Never give up so easily. Unless you sell yourself short and don't believe you can. Can you accept this challenge?

Comments

Popular Posts