In the middle

This is the position I'm in. The dirty job no one wants to do - so I do it.

Where does my loyalty lie, I wonder? Do I look after the feelings of the boss (who by the way, I agree with) or do I follow the orders of the person in charge? Although it would be better ALL around to fix something that is awry, it is unprofessional to cheat people of their money when they come expecting one thing and get some something else in return. So what do we do - who do we please?

I had to present the latest development just as hope had sprouted in our hearts only to have it crushed. So we revert to the original plan.

Have I failed? Cos he says if we try fixing it, then we have failed in our choices, right from the beginning. Has he? Have we? Was I even given a say? I don't remember any such power. But since I am a drama coordinator then MAYBE I have failed cos this position stinks.

But as they say - the show must go on.
Sunday - please hurry up.
(now even the flicker has disappeared)

Comments

Popular Posts