Another chapter?

I have submitted my essays which I haven't looked at in the last week. Not that I didn't care but they just didn't warrant any more attention and I was pleased with them so I let them be.

After the anxiety of getting them sent on time, the relief was immense. I could feel the tension slip out of my system. It doesn't matter if they only get a 3, I would be just as happy. Of course a 4 will mean more monetary reward but...(more work?)
The journey back was hilarious as we couldn't decide if we were heading to KL, Dengkil or KLIA. The signages were so vague, we ended up appreciating the different designs of lamposts and vast greenery of Putrajaya. Finally, we made an illegal U turn in front of the police station and proved we were utterly lost by almost heading to KL via MEX. Luckily for me, my wonderful hubby, who is familiar with this area, pointed out the right direction and within minutes we were heading home. Handy - this thing called the handphone! Of course, hubby was more than handy too.

It was an exciting day of all sorts, as my eldest son had to register for secondary school. He was ecstatic and couldn't wait to have a glimpse of the school or rather check it out in his words. Well, as we all know, it rained all day. So when he finally got to the school, he didn't traipse through the school as it was wet. He only managed the bookshop and where they had gathered. I guess first impressions are important. His words were - I think it will be exciting. The damper was when he was thrown an ultimatum to choose a stream for KH which will determine which class he would be placed into. Daddy wasn't about to be intimidated into making an uninformed choice and he promptly left the form blank after kicking up a fuss. However, the other poor parents weren't so well-versed and cowered with fear, in case their child was rejected by the school. It's hard to decide when they don't even know their options. How any school can force someone to make an instantaneous decision is truly beyond me.

I guess I would have chosen Commerce for my son. He is inclined that way and not very handy with his hands. I just hope they don't dump him in the wrong class with the wrong company. Secretly, I hope my hubby isn't too pleased with the school and will agree to change him to another. Of course, this will depend on my son's results. Thursday isn't too far away.

So I look forward to a few more days in school, to tie up all lose ends and close this chapter too.

Comments

Popular Posts