Still Learning

I have just returned from attending a 2 day conference on Teaching English Language and I must say it has been invigorating. It has reminded me of all the joy and hard work I put into learning and acquiring these skills 18 long years ago. And the best part, these skills which I have learnt and used for the last 18 years have evolved through experience and it is gratifying to know that I have evolved in the right direction and have not lost my touch.

Of course, having great company and meeting up with friends from different parts of the world doing the same kind of thing is very reassuring to know that everyone is in pursuit of the same thing - excellence in the teaching and learning of English Language.

I never thought I'd ever meet anyone I had studied before but I did.
I never thought I'd enjoy story time but I did.
I never thought I'd meet a legend in jazz chants but I did.
I never thought I could laugh so hard at the antics teachers can pull off when their guard is down but I did.
I never thought I could attend so many sessions of learning in a day but I did.
And I enjoyed every moment of it.
Of course, I would have enjoyed a couple of hours to roam the town of Melaka but there was no time for that.

It is good to get away and recharge your motivation, self-appreciation and renew your love for your vocation.

I feel like a spring, all wound up and ready to go - only to come back to paperwork and filing. Ouch!

Comments

Popular Posts