Ironic

The minute I finished my last post, I was thrown a curve ball of challenge. I was instructed to invigilate SPM. Something that most teachers try their best to avoid. Only because it eats into their holidays. I mean, of course, someone has to do it. No denying. But the question always remains - WHY ME?

LOL - I am trying to look on the bright side of things. I was pampered in SA. I had privileges - after all, I worked so hard during the academic year - I deserved a proper holiday. Another reason why I don't mark PMR/SPM papers. Selfish, you think, but one has to be sometimes to remain sane.

Then there is the SA graduation. A long time tradition started by our esteemed ex-principal who believed in the feel good experience! I have always enjoyed watching the pretty little things strut around the hall, knowing that they had the whole world in their hands. Anything they set their minds to - they could achieve it. And that in itself was the entire point of the whole she-bang. The confidence gained from that one night made the entire year's struggle worth while.

Back to my point - the graduation - happened last night. I wasn't there to see my babes graduate. To hug them and tell them to do their best. To pat them on the back and wish them well. To whisper to their parents, how wonderful their daughters are. To shout out to the world that little ole me had a hand in moulding their little ones. It was heart-wrenching to be away. But who am I? Sigh. Of course my mates felt my absence and vice versa. Life goes on! 

Another highlight today is the Literature seminar going on in PJ which I was instrumental in suggesting last year. I am happy to know that it is continuing although I have no part in it this year. My student tells me that it is everything that we have covered already and that is a feather in my cap. I am up to mark and hopefully I have guided my students the right way.

A mixed bags of feelings really. Chuffed and yet burdened. Will anyone take the SPM thing off my back please? Or maybe it's written in the stars that I should do it. Oh well, only time will tell.

Comments

Popular Posts