Time is precious

A remark made about how I manage to finish my work and undoubtedly put pressure on others enlightened me to how I actually use my time and what life reveals to me in that 'time'.

I do not profess to be a workaholic. Ever since the beginning of my work life, I have kept my work out of my off-work time. I believe that if I finish my work at work, then I am entitled to spend my time anyway I choose without any tinge of guilt.

I have successfully maintained that till I was made a paper-pusher and that too I did only when I had no choice. 2012 has re-opened my eyes to the beauty of time in hand, ensuring that I treasure my free moments to do as I please.

I have also managed to instill this quality to my children, who have learnt that once their homework and projects are complete, they are free to do as they please, which is more often than not, get online.

Having said that, I have learnt to appreciate family time, be it grocery, paying bills or even cooking together. I love my one-on-one time with my kids, they give me insight to their feelings, aspirations and moments! Sharing with each other, we learn to like and dislike certain aspects of ourselves and the world we live in. I must emphasise that we are all individuals and cannot and must not ever be lumped into one entity!

Yet, I must confess, I was never like this till I started working. I was always play first, work later. My assignments were always last minute. It was always watch TV first, study later. I attest that I have learnt from my erroneous ways and have matured.

Each of us has 24 hours. Life is fair. However, what we do with that time is entirely in our hands. A joy/bane of free will. Will the minutes slip away without any tangible memory or will we make our mark, physically, emotionally on ourselves or on others around us? Fill the time with positive energy, thoughts and deeds - for an idle person is the devil's best friend!


Comments

  1. You should discover a number of herbs that are selectable. If it's Lemon or below basically right simply simply select the place to begin the procedure of "looting" it.When the procedure is done, gameuming you don't fall short , you'll get one or more herbs situated within that place.

    Buy WOW Gold  RS Gold  Buy Diablo 3 Gold

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts