Not part of the crowd.

Yesterday, I realised that I don't fit in.

And the best realisation - I'm happy not fitting in.
Why?
I guess it's because I am happy where I am and with who I am.

I am sorry to say that although I would love to be a lady of leisure, the mentality of these ladies scare me. The time on their hands (though I admit - household chores and family are indeed a full-time job) seem to make them all defensive and barby.

I have recently complained that the hours in a day seem insufficient to cope with all that is hurled my way and yet I was kindly reminded that God doesn't put more than what we can chew on our plate.
This I humbly realise - IS true.
Yes, we all need to learn to prioritise.
I have and am constantly reviewing my priorities.

My children and some students would say I spend a lot of my time on Facebook.
Yeah I do.
So what? I do get my work done.
Albeit a little slower than I used to, but I get them done.
So confessions aside - I have given up some of my Facebook activities.

But I digress. (as usual)

These ladies I refer to seem to eye me with a certain disdain - as though I do not place enough attention and care on my children. Or so I feel. The vibe is so strong and repulsive that I cannot bear being in their company for too long.

Don't get me wrong - I love my children. All three of them. I also love my students whom I treat as my children. I want what is best for them. A wholesome, rounded life that includes getting straight As as well as having fun. Yet, not sending them for brain-building lessons or camps and the best tuition or the most expensive private school doesn't mean I love them any less.

I don't do charity work.
I don't campaign for the animals in the world.
I don't volunteer at the local SPCA or hospital.
I don't visit old folks homes or orphanages.

It doesn't mean I don't want to.
It just means I don't have that luxury of time on my hands to do all the well-meaning things you ladies can.

So don't judge me as weak or uncaring.
I care.
But the best part,
I don't have to prove you right or wrong.

Comments

Popular Posts