The countdown begins

One more week to the drama.

Today we made good progress. A friend who is the mother of a student has graciously agreed to supply nutritious food to my drama girls and I hope they will like the selection. Good food, of course does not come cheap - but it is well-worth every cent spent cos we save time instead of going to and fro home or eateries. Nothing is worse than a bunch of ravished and grumpy teenagers (myself included). Also I don't fancy worrying about missing persons in between shows.

Another thing we accomplished is getting the cheque for the costumes sorted out which normally takes weeks. Obviously the Cheshire cat mentioned in the previous post is repentant and suddenly more helpful - not that i am complaining - just an observation. Unfortunately, time was not on our side and payment will just have to wait till tomorrow.

Then we also sorted out the tickets and posters - haggle as we might- we could not bring the prices down but instead raised the amount because of the quality and quantity we insisted upon. No worries - we shall survive.

Props wise - we got the antique telephone. Thanks to Ms Tan Peay Ding! We promise to look after it.

What's left to do?
About a million other stuff - the key note is to ace the acting so that it is near perfect!

Tomorrow - I shall enjoy the hard work my Fourth Formers have poured into their choral speaking performance. They are good - they meet the time requirements and are hilariously original. Most importantly, they are confident of winning. My babes! I have made it clear that is not the objective but I guess all who work hard ultimately want to win.

Sometimes winning is everything.
But I beg to differ - the learning process is more important - so everyone, take a minute and ponder the things learnt today.
I have.
What about you?

Comments

Popular Posts