What's next?

Another milestone has been reached.

The girls whom I have taught from 2006 have grown up and graduated into beautifully smart and talented young ladies. Seeing them today at the prize-giving ceremony brought feelings of pride and joy, though not many came up to say Hi! Yet, the handful who did were enough to make little-old- me feel that my efforts have not gone to waste!

The end of April is fast approaching. So what's next?

Solid work - heading to the mid-year exams?
Setting of test papers?

O - An Inspector Calls!

This is a mountainous endeavour that was borne of love for Literature by my 28 students who are attempting to entice and spread this love to the ones taking the SPM exam as well as the general public.
I salute that desire, the zeal and the effort.

Some say they have bitten off more than they can chew.
Well, let me say this, nothing borne of love is ever a waste of time or effort.
So consider yourselves chastised.
And to my girls who are still hard at work, despite time constraints and many other obstacles, KUDOS I say!!!

Keep at it, we are not out to make a profit - of course it would be a bonus, but the Arts take precedence and fulfilling the dream of getting the message across is more than enough as payment.

I pray that this learning experience, the pains, the angst, the laughter and tears, the organising skills, the people frictions and the personality discoveries are just a few of the many lessons learnt from day one when the mere suggestion turned into reality.

With less than 2 weeks to go, I pray for a steady ship, sailing in the stormy seas as one - that we will conquer the greatest barrier - fear.

And I for one, am seriously looking forward to the production of An Inspector Calls.

Come join me - on the 8th of May 2010!

Comments

Popular Posts