Self-centred and self -absorbed!

I cannot believe the people I have respect for!

They seem intent on eroding this respect which I already dish out sparingly.
Why?? I just cannot comprehend.

When I am asked to do certain things which I am able to - I do it to the best of my ability. Of course, those who know me, will attest to the fact that I will grumble if it is an extra burden. Even so, I will do my best to deliver.

And yet, in order to do a good job, especially when it involves outside parties and massive amounts of money, one should and has to be careful that every cent is well-spent and is genuinely for the benefit of the students and school. Slip-shod work is certainly not my style. I know I am not perfect, but I do strive towards it.

Having said that, outside parties also have other commitments. One cannot expect them to sit around, shaking their legs awaiting my call. Of course, they aren't going to be at my beck and call. However, certain parties seem to think I have inconvenienced everyone on purpose, and harp on the fact that work started late because I didn't do my job properly! The fact that the work is being rushed, I hope no compromises are made on safety. And every rehearsal scheduled, whether pre-planned or impromptu only serves to delay work from being carried out. It would be a shame if the contractor just packs up and leaves - leaving the job completely incomplete!

If I am deemed to be inefficient, kindly get the person in-charge of the hall to search, haggle, negotiate and make all other arrangements including payment.

I am up to my nose in bureaucracy and all its snares. I am disillusioned by my so-called superiors who think everyone should bend over backwards to accommodate their whims and fancies and their haphazard schedules which do not take anyone else's viewpoint or feelings into account.

Let me take 3 steps back and kindly leave me out of the next agenda!

Comments

Popular Posts