Crash and burn

I crashed out of the rat race for 3 working days last week and spent every minute feeling guilty about stuff at work

What work you may ask?

Well-
  • the piles of essay books vying my attention
  • the piles of exercise books of other English teachers I am supposed to check
  • the MPPH invitation letters that I have to print, put together and mail
  • the observation of English teachers
  • the filing of English letters
  • the activities that need constant monitoring such as debate, public speaking
  • the materialising of the Taekwondo T-shirt because the supplier is to busy to come see me
  • The purchasing and securing of lighting equipment for the hall, all installed and in pristine condition for the MPPH (only 12 days away)
  • all manner of administrative work that is waiting to fall on my lap
  • most importantly, my classes who will miss their English lessons which only means having to play catch up with other classes
This was my burden as I stayed home in order to recuperate.

So, did I? (I hear you ask)

Yes - until I stepped into the car this morning, knowing full well I am on duty this week - of all weeks.

It's Sports Day week. The busiest and most exciting week.

And what did I find?

  • My table was over-run with paperwork.
  • The key to the staffroom was missing.
  • The hall was in no condition for assembly. (fallen ceiling/scaffolding)
  • The gallery was SO hot and stuffy.
  • The assembly was just stretched to the max.
  • Verbally challenged to accomplish miracles that should have been done last week by some who hadn't even noticed my absence.
All this in a matter of 20 minutes from arrival.

I would sigh but I am not allowed. So I can just draw deep breaths and pray all will work out this week despite the hiccups of today.

I left work just after 2, completely exhausted with a migraine that still pounds as i type these letters.

p/s The court hearing was also today - next hearing 24 May 2010. SIGH!(oops)


Comments

Popular Posts