Have I failed?

When respect is not a priority - has the teacher failed? Or is it the parent's fault? Perhaps society?

Is it too much to expect a little accountability? Not that I am demanding. For who am I?
Or is the world really as selfish as people paint it to be?
I would prefer to believe in my rainbow coloured world where people are genuinely nice, friendly and behave in a well-mannered way.
I cannot and will not believe that all people are selfish, self-centred and care nothing for the feelings of others.
For if I do, then I must have failed as a teacher, mother and a part of society.

Do I not teach that one should respect another? Give them the benefit of their doubt? And be accountable for all that is done or about to be done, for everything one does affects the others in our lives?

So what compels one (who plays a central role) to up and disappear when all others are sacrificing their time - putting ALL on hold - including their health and family as well as studies while that one ( or perhaps more than one) goes off to do the things they feel are more important without even bothering to inform the others?

On the other hand, there are some team members who can even think that their presence is unnecessary? Do you not know the importance of being in a team? How can a team function when parts are missing? And as a team member, does it not occur to you that if you doubt your importance, you should double check to see if your presence is necessary rather than taking things into your own hands - declaring your SELF more important than others!

How is it that some people can and are willing to set aside tuition times, studies and other important events in their lives for people who are not?

Is it so difficult to inform the others so that perhaps those others may also get on with their lives instead of waiting for things to happen?

What manner of SELF are we dealing with?

This sort of SELF should really live on their own planet where the universe would literally revolve around them.

The basics of courtesy are lost.

And I am at a loss!
Disappointment and disillusioned am I!

Comments

Popular Posts