He came, he called and he left us stupified!

An inspector called on me and 400 over people last Saturday.

After months of hard work, a jug of tears, a kettleful of frustration, a teaspoon of disappointment and a 10 tonne load of joy, it is over.
And the worst is yet to be over - the withdrawal symptoms of time and energy spent together, the camaraderie of people linked because a single vision - it's a weird feeling.

But I digress - I want to report on the happenings and the things I have learnt in the last 6 months.

From the moment my girls fell in love with the drama - An Inspector Calls, I have learnt that dreams can and must be fulfilled one way or another.

And it took a whole team of 26 people to achieve this dream.

I must say - all my years as a teacher I have endeavoured to stay clear of such projects. Why? Because I shun limelight. I have no desire to draw extra attention on myself. I have always believed I am NOT a drama kind of person. I have enough drama in my life.

And yet, I could not and given the chance to rewind - would still not have crushed my girls' dreams.

They have brought joy and glory to me. Personally, I am so proud of them, I could burst.
Implode!

They are extraordinary!
I have such a great team who take pride in all they do. Whether it be lines that they had to memorise, the adaptation of the actual drama, the organisation of people and events - down to the last sen spent, the littlest details of eyeliner, mascara and rings on their fingers.

I would like to take my hat off to my team!!!

  • Riyana - who persevered through thick and thin - for never giving up on anyone member and always having a solution on hand to any problem.
  • Sara - who took care of so many departments, she basically made sure everyone was looked after including worrying about finances.
  • The Cast - Trishi, Tasha, Sanuja, Sarah, Ashiqin, Lydia, Arizah, Sara, Trisher, Suki, Khatijah, Mae, Sandra, Divya and the extras who didn't get a mention. Thanks for your dedication, for taking in all the criticisms and directions without ever rebelling but continually tried out ideas and suggestions.
  • Nadia and Alia - who ran around helter skelter - for always being there when the candle blew out and for catching the rain on the stage.
  • Aqilah, Iman, Nisha, Divya and Megan who did a fantastic job with costumes, makeup and hair.
  • Mag, Megan, Alia, Nadia and Farhana - who ran up and down with chairs, brooms, sticky tape and all sorts - your energy is ever abundant!
  • Amy, Hana and Farhana - who worked magic with their little laptops!
  • Divya, Lydia and Riyana - for the fantastic photos.
  • Cheyenne and Megan and all the Form 4 Lit students who constantly cleaned up after everyone.
  • Sandra - who worked overtime doing the tickets, posters and banners and never got to watch cos she got sick.
  • Syahirah - who landed the light job without a protest and learned in a matter of minutes - doing a great job.
  • Mae - who was a fantastic butler and stage manager as she made sure everyone was in and out on cue.
They were superb and so professional - through all the hiccups and technical difficulties.
For example, when lines were forgotten, they ad libbed. They made it up and it was so believable no one knew any different. Through the constant chatter of some un-cultured audience, they continued to entrance the rest of the audience. And when the flashbacks experienced hiccups, they gallantly narrated as there was no audio. They were fantastic!!!

My highlight of the whole play was the teamwork - something that grew out of nothing and has bound them together for this merry bunch has gelled together from a myriad of classes. I hope this bond lasts, long after school is out and that this experience holds for them wonderful memories as it does for me.

Lastly I would like to thank all my friends who have and still believe in me, who have supported me through the hardships, heartaches and have shared the joy I felt at the end of this special project.

I am stupified but pleasantly so!

Comments

Popular Posts