Old Friend

Today I had lunch with an old friend who has been a lady of leisure for the last 5 months. It was good to catch up cos she's enjoying ME time. Makes me envious.

I think I would treasure the time off actually - doing nothing in particular yet a million other things that I've always wanted to do. Come to think of it, I miss being in the afternoon session. Mainly becos I could wake up with no pressure of traffic jams, stroll lesiurely at the market, have a relaxing breakfast out at the coffee shop with my hubby and actually READ the newspapers. I have MISSED all that. Funny how out of the blue my son comes and says he prefers me in the morning. Guess cos I hardly saw them all day when I was in the afternoon. Have been toying with the idea of taking a year off. Should I?

Another thought we pondered about was how quickly the year has gone by. It's true and I am not looking forward to November. We have been so busy with one thing or another, the time has just flown by. All my babies will be in Form 4 next year - bigger and brighter. Some will not even acknowledge me in passing but cest la vie. Then my Fourth formers will be seniors - proud and tall - the untouchables. Will I still be teaching them?

It is intimidating to think of what the new year has in store for me - after all I'm still struggling with this year's workload. Whoever said being a teacher is easy was dead wrong. To Gunaraj, if you're having second thoughts, you'd better jump ship now! Ha ha! Thank you for relieving me the last 12 weeks. Much appreciated. Today I had 7 out of 9 periods and just the thought of it killed me. Luckily, I skipped SB (sorry) and SD was kind of relaxing. Only becos I am confident I have finished the syllabus with SD. So are SE/SF and SB worried yet?

But I am looking forward to the graduation night this Friday. Not that I teach them or anything but I do know some of them and I have taught some of them before. More importantly, I want to check out what they'll be wearing (or not) on the night. Of course, there's also the free food. Who can resist that?

It will be a fun night out for the teachers too.

Comments

Popular Posts