Best Friends

Do they exist?

I used to have a great best friend when i was 9 yrs old. Or so I thought. Well, we were till about 11. We went into different classes and then poof i didn't exist.

Then I had 3 other best friends. Pals till the end. One of the gang. We drifted apart by form one.

Next the idea was to have as many friends as possible without a special one so that i wouldn't get TOO hurt. That went well, i had a gang of 10 pals. None too close but all buddies.

After SPM, only 4 remained.

Then came Uni, and we all had different friends. But whenever we have the chance (till now) we meet up when in the same town.

Now, we are still scattered all over this polluted planet and we talk every so often and catch up.

But we learn to make new friends. Some are hello friends, nice dress friends and some are serious pals who actually care for you in more ways than one. And I am happy to report that in every school I have worked in, I have had a few serious pals. In Sri Aman, I have some really great pals. Thanks guys!

So to say that I don't have friends would be an untruth.

Back to Best Friend - who is this special someone?

After much pondering, I have realised that I do have ONE - very special and dear.

One who loves me as I am, all faults included.
One who tolerates my crankiness, my mood swings and cheers me up when I am down.
One who hears my ramblings, my rantings and my silent fears.
One who props me up when I stumble.
One who picks me up when I am shattered and scattered all over the floor.
One who gives me a hug - without judgement.
Always there in my darkest, deepest moments -
Ready with a tissue to wipe away my tears,
Smiling, encouraging and my pillar of strength.

Thank you for your existence.
Thank you for loving me as a whole.
Thank you for always being there.

I love you lots.

Comments

Popular Posts