Gosh!

It's wonderful when complimented that reading my blog is like reading literature. Well, I think it is a compliment anyway. Was conferring with SD and they all seem to like literature so I wasn't wrong in thinking that. As I explained in class, it seems some students in SA don't like literature and I am appalled that this is the current situation. Firstly, I adore literature. I had 10 books to read each semester and we were only tested on a few. SO it was a lot of reading. And literature is a lot of analysing, re-analysing, disection and inference. Just like studying science without the gore. So to me things can be said in so many ways which will get ppl thinking and pondering and wondering and guessing. Isn't this more fun than just reading and understanding everything that's said in one go? Life is challenging - therefore be challenged and take up the challenge.

Ok, if you managed to read that paragraph, I guess you found me. Due to unforeseen circumstances and unbelievable stalkers we have had to shift locations. SO for want of privatising our blogs, we have just moved around this great big world on the Net. Try not to link us but feel free to keep visiting. This activity of blogging has been a wonderful outlet for this little busy mind to wander about in your worlds just as you have mine.

Back to school. I heard on the SA grapevine that some ppl had a fun but tiring treasure hunt. It was done not with the intention of making you run around while fasting nor did it even remotely cross my mind, when consulted. I apologize to all who had fun, for allowing such fun to have taken place. The main objective was for you to have fun but obviously, I failed miserably and got MrG into trouble cos apparently a parent complained that her daughter was forced to run around the field. I now know it was becos they were late for class. Did that someone omit to explain this to the said parent? Come on girls, if you want to be treated like adults, then take responsibilty for your own actions. Don't behave in a irresponsible manner and then tell part of the story ( the bit that benefits you) and expect others to take the rap for your misdeeds. Surely you have learned through experience that this only gets you into more hot soup.

As for my sudden disappearance on Saturday, I had to run off to check on my mother-in-law again cos she is going through a rough patch of depression. There was a very bad vibe of depression in and around the house and the only solution is to yank them out of that pothole. It was extremely sad to see someone literally beat themselves up for things that are out of their control. For example, when one finds it difficult to get onto the escalator, one should not blame themselves by claiming to be stupid. As you age, coordination is harder so allowance must and can be made. If the blood pressure monitor cannot register a reading, is it your fault? If you can't remember things becos a blood clot is sitting on a nerve, are you stupid? That was the gist of my weekend. So ppl, never let depression grip you so hard that you feel like you're sinking in a never ending well.

Life is meant to be lived, so live it!

Comments

Popular Posts