Ironic!

It is utter irony that just as I change the heading of my blog that life hands me a crystal bowl which I can polish and let it shine or I can clumsily botch up and drop it to smash into smitherins. I dread this responsibilty and yet relish the challenge. My friends are confident I'll do a good job but me being ME feel lazy to bother. Of course my conscience will never allow me to actually BE lazy, yet trepidation and chaos await me. Funny how life can't let you sail peacefully for long. I guess that's why I cherish doing nothing.

I am honoured at this challenge as it IS recognition for all the things I have been striving for: excellence in my work, to share my love for this wonderful language and meeting deadlines for all the paperwork that comes along with the territory.

After 17 years of hardwork, people have seen beyond the blunt, non-diplomatic front and found the dedicated teacher who still loves moulding and interacting with the clients in our noble profession. I was reminded recently that teaching may be a profession and yet it is more of a vocation because people definitely don't do it for the money.

So why do we do it?

I know I do it because I love the feeling I get when I see someone who doesn't understand something change in their facial expression when they do understand it. It is priceless, wonderful and rarer in Sri Aman because the students are smart and confident. Hence, I have to find and pose challenges to them. Yet life in Sri Aman has been interesting and full of challenges. Guess it's an even more wonderful feeling when learning is self-discovery rather than spoon-feeding.

So, what shall we make in this crystal bowl, friends? Shall we make a salad, a trifle or a casserole? Thank you all for your support for it has been and is absolutely appreciated.

Comments

Popular Posts