Great weekend!

Sorry for the silence but I disappeared to Genting for the weekend.

I know it's not like going overseas but with all that's happening around us, just getting away to an idyllic retreat can be much appreciated. Since I didn't skive off work on Friday, I didn't get there till about 5pm. But it was a good drive and relaxing to have everything sorted out - accommodation and all-park tickets. So we just strolled along getting on whichever ride we fancied. And the best part cos more than half the nation were fasting only a handful of ppl we out there. No Qs and no jostling. And cos of the short Qs everywhere, I finally attempted the Space Shot - something I'd always wanted to do. It was excitingbut there was no one to share it with me as my family members were either too short or too chicken to try it. It was absolutely exhilarating and the view from up there was just breathtaking. Then came the plunge! I thought my shoes would fly off but actually I was more worried cosmybehind leftthe safety of the seat only to come back with a thud as we bounced backup into space or so it felt. After 2 bounces we landed and I had a feeling my face was as green as the shirt I had on. My darling son confirmed that I was hale and hearty and I had had my thrill.

Elle's favourites were the Spinner and the flying dragon. She went on the spinner about 10 times in all and the operators felt she was too short. She proved them wrong. Then she had a wonderful time at the dodgems too, making all kinds of friends - girls and boys alike. My boys had fun too at the adults' dodgems. We went for Dreamz too but it was more hype than anything else. The tigers and lion were interesting but they should have been given more to do. The cutest were still the 2 sheepdogs.

So we came back absolutely knackered.

And the most enjoyable part of today was the Spelling Competition in conjunction with Literacy Week. Why you may ask? Well, I'm not at liberty to say cos I promised some ppl I wouldn't. So if you really want to know - ask a fourth former for more information.

Lastly, it's good to be back.

Comments

Popular Posts