Change...again

Time seems to fly...even when you're not having fun.

I managed to confront my stalker and it was revealed that I was only stalked when the person had time to do so. I am not sure if that is reassuring in any way but there is still a little distaste in the back of my throat. I guess swallowing will help get rid of the taste soon enough.

However, I do have time today and a few things to get off my chest.

Reiterating a pal, I feel like I'm drowning in work and can't seem to get a good grip on my float. The minute I do actually sit at my seat to breathe, someone unsuspectingly creeps up and questions me about how free I am. This is, to say the least, very unpleasant.
Since when is taking a breather a crime??

It feels like an entire class is throwing frisbees at me and I can't catch them fast enough let alone return the throw.

Yesterday, I had the privilege of taking some girls out on a public speaking competition. It was actually quite fun and I got to read my novel. I think my actions stepped on a lot of people's toes as I hardly paid any attention to the proceedings (except for ours of course) and continued reading quietly and not disturbing anyone in particular. Of course, taken the wrong way, I was anti-social. I also noticed that out of the entire room, the only ones who didn't waste any time throughout the morning, were the Sri Amanians. We had a book each and read to kill time. Bookish??? Unfortunately, we didn't win as we scared them with our liberal thoughts and vocabulary. But I KNOW our girl did NOT suck. She was very confident and convincing. Good job, Ateeqah!

Then upon returning, I sat through a 3 hour meeting. Productive to a certain extent and yet I could have done so much more. All this while books sat patiently on my table waiting to be marked, record book not updated, and most importantly, a million and one tasks unfinished.

Worst of all, being typical Malaysians, when something is brought up during meetings, protestors rarely brave themselves to utter anything until much later, outside the confines of the meeting room. This phenomenon baffles me extremely. The fact of the matter is, do it in the meeting so that it can be minuted and all that is said may (or may not) change the outcome. Nothing can be done once the motion is passed and grousing till the cows come home just doesn't do anything except irritate. I was extremely irritated.

Anyway, we have tickets to watch a Shakespearean play and I can't wait to go. I hope my girls are as excited too. It will be such a fun night out.

Today I was asked to be a judge for the finals of the public speaking competition tomorrow. I was very tempted to take on the task, only to ensure certain parties (who don't deserve it) don't win. Thank God, I am not that vindictive. I know my professional nature would never allow such a thing to happen so I politely declined. I don't want to miss my class tomorrow.

Change is in the wind.

There are people who are moving on and up.
There are people moving out.
There are people being left behind- namely me. Sob!

Comments

Popular Posts