Red tape

It was a major hassle but we did it. The proposal is now in a brown envelope, attached with a cover letter and 6 copies of the whole document sitting on the table of a very important and fastidious officer, who was no where to be seen. So now, we can only hope and pray he will approve it and we can all get on with our lives.
(The same happened to the Moral proposal which was sent in today.)

It has been a whirlwind of 2 days now and tomorrow looks like much the same kind of weather. I have yet to enjoy a complete free period all to myself. No sooner do I sit down to glug down some water, students come in asking for this and handing in that and then of course work comes flitting in from above, below, left and right.
Some people say they can never find me - well. join the club. I can't even see me let alone find me.

As for curriculum week, I sincerely apologise to all who were looking forward to interesting and fun stuff to do. We did plan for all forms but according to the bureaucrats, time allocated was insufficient hence the slashes. We had Jazz chants, spelling bee and public speaking which were scrapped. So maybe next year folks. Will try to arrange for the forms fours to watch the form five skit. But no promises.

I had to meet up with an audio guy today and go through how to improve the hall's audio system. We have good quality speakers but not good enough. We desperately need new microphone jacks and a better amplifier including a mixer. We need a mezzanine floor to accommodate the influx of students so that we can be more comfortable in the hall during long functions. The extra floor will house the fifth formers and an audio room. Then we can upgrade to having proper spotlights and better lighting during performances. Last but not least, a super duper high powered air-conditioning system to cool the entire hall. Wouldn't that be great?? I can see some of the fifth formers actually say now - it has to happen when we're about to leave. Sorry guys, progress is slow and comes at a price.

The other NEW thing has been housed in the BKB and I have been told to move my Lit class cos they don't want little fingers touching and proding. Well, where can I take 44 students when I need the LCD projector? And what makes them think I allow any time for my babies to touch and prod anyway? Isn't technology meant to be used rather than kept in pristine condition?

So much for first class facilities and third class mentality.

Comments

Popular Posts