Take it easy!

It has occured to me that I'm generally a happy and cheerful person. Somehow and mysteriously to me some people find me extremely threatening. Dunno why!??? Am I? Guess that's why I was selected as the discipline teacher. (so why was I removed?? i didn't have cosmetic surgery)

Anyway, I digress. Since I really am not threatening nor do I particularly like biting ppl's heads off, I am generally a fun, happy person especially after my morning cup of Nescafe. Once I'm caffeine-laced, I'm as jolly as can be unless someone messes with me. My friends and pals make my day and hopefully I do the same for them

My point is that as much as I love my students and my pals, manners are important. I was always taught to respect those older than myself, to address them appropriately and to treat Teachers with utmost politeness. This was one of the many gems of Sri Aman, where teachers teach not only the subject matter but also real, day-to-day skills of living and loving. Manners are something once acquired never leave you. Respect begets respect.

When it was expressed by a colleague that one of my babies was rude to a Teacher, I felt responsible for not noticing (does that mean I'm too liberal) and effectively, a slap to my face for not having taught well enough. However, after reflection, the said colleague is also my baby's teacher so did she do wrong too? It's relative isn't it? Cos a lot of outspoken ppl tend to step on other ppl's toes (most of the time unbeknownst to them) without ever intending to but I guess the truth hurts. I've always been labelled OUTSPOKEN which is probably why I'm always in trouble too. So if I've hurt my pals, I truly and sincerely apologise.

I am extremely pleased that a lot of my babies are close to me and feel that they can trust and confide in me. I feel really chuffed that you like to spend your free time with me. And I hope I don't ever betray that trust, just as I hope they will never abuse my trust in them.

So to the rest of the world, learn to chill and take it easy. It's better to have crow's feet from laughing than to have frown lines. After all, laughter is the best medicine.

Comments

Popular Posts