Dancing Queens

Today was our celebration of Teacher's Day and it was one fantastic day.

The catch phrase of the day was The flint behind the fire. And it sounded much better than the one about teachers being candles burning themselves to the ground. And even if it were true, we don't want to self-combust, really. We do dedicate our lives to educating and facilitating learning but we learn to and we are educated in the process.

So the little presents and trinkets are really dandy and appreciated but nothing beats a hearfelt card or note cos it's from the heart. Of course, a hug would be great too. And funnily enough, it's always the quiet ones who come up with presents and not the ones you expect. I guess the quiet ones are shy and hide behind their little notes and gifts. But truly, students should show their love everyday, rather than one day in a year. Same goes for Mother's or Father's Day. If you wait till the day, it may not be enough. So let's celebrate everyday - with the words that you utter and the actions that speak volumes.

The award ceremony was one of the highlights of the day and I thank all who voted for me. Someone asked me to my face - Teacher, you're friendly?? Got me thinking. Am I? Not to all though. Mommy taught me not to talk to strangers. So if you're strange, then I'm probably NOT very friendly. All jokes aside, I guess not being in the discipline board has helped me chill. After all, I'm a rebel deep down.

Then there were the performances. The students were fantastic. The Festari team swept our breath away. As well as the other 2 dance teams - one modern and so slick, while the other was really cute and adorable. Ever so imaginative with their little moves that made a big bang. Then soloists were great too. Mae Elliessa, the Form One girl - sorry don't know ur name and our own Whitney Wan Daneah. A little unassuming girl with a huge and wonderful voice. I'm absolutely amazed. Someone commented that this year has had the most teachers' performances in a long time.

I hope this day has enlightened students that teachers can do as they instruct.

So thanks to one and all for a wonderful day. To my pals who danced with me, it has been a pleasure working with you cos it's been so much fun. Glad to know everyone enjoyed the show.

Comments

Popular Posts